Iwate Snow Festival
Event Organizer: Iwate Snow Festival Executive Committee
2012.02.04 (Sat) ～12th February ／ Venue: Koiwai Farm
The Iwate Snow Festival, held at Koiwai Farm, is one of the 5 big Michinoku snow festivals. Every year, a total of 4000 self-defense force personnel participate in making snow sculptures, each year with a different and elaborate theme. Throughout the festival numerous events such as stage shows and the Fantasy Fireworks attract over 300,000 tourists. When the sun goes down, the snow sculptures are lit up with colorful lights, making a visionary spectacle.
□ Festival Period ：
5th February 2012 (Sat)～13th February (Sun) 9:00-21:00
※the festival will pre-open on the 4th February, from 6:00pm.
Don't miss it!
□ Venue ： Koiwai Farm, Shizukuishi-cho, Iwate
■ Daily Events
- Horse sleigh
- Snow train
- Food stalls
- Igloo Genghis Khan
- Snow Festival Fantasy Fireworks
- Snow sculpture light-up, and more
■ Stage Shows
- the "Kamen Rider" Show
- the "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger" Show
- the "Suite Precure" Show, and more
- Takizawa Village Big Gourmet Meet
- Sakura Midori Popular Song Show
- Wanko Kyoudai Stamp Rally
- "The Self-Defense Force's Activity in the Wake of the Disaster" Photographic Exhibition, and more
→ For more details, please visit http://www.koiwai.co.jp/makiba/yuki45/index.html
Entrance in FREE!! We look forward to seeing you!
Iwate Snow Festival Executive Committee Office (Makiba-en, Koiwai Farm)